Chicken Soup - Polski Rosul
So growing up in a Polish home, Polish soup – Rosul indeed was the cure-all for everything! If you had a bad day; here have some Rosul. Not feeling well, here have some Rosul - it doesn’t matter if it was the middle of the summer. My kids love this soup, and it's rare that I can make something that they all enjoy equally. This soup truly gives new meaning to Chicken Soup for the Soul. I love my Polish heritage and it is such a big part of who I am today; I am so glad I get to share a piece of that with all of you - smacznego!!!!!
Here is what you will need.
Fresh whole chicken
8 Whole black peppers
2 Medium-size parsnips
3 Medium carrots
3 Celery sticks
4 Bay leaves
1 Medium size onion
4 Cloves of garlic
2 Tablespoons of Vegeta
Salt as desired
Dill – At the end for seasoning
1. Cut the whole chicken up, skin the chicken, and clean the chicken thoroughly. You want to make sure you keep all parts of the chicken including the bones for flavor, (you can remove bones from the soup after you cook the soup). You can use a whole chicken already cut in the grocery store. However, I find the best flavor from using a whole chicken and cutting it yourself. It's easy.
2. Rinse all the celery thoroughly Peel the Carrots and the Parsnip. Cut the celery in half. Cut the onion in half and brown each side on a frying pan for flavoring.
4. Bring the chicken and the water to a boil, after the water boils add the flame to low. Uncovered always.
5. At this point, you can bring all your vegetables into the boiling water for about a minute and add the water to low so it can simmer.
7. After adding everything, you can add the Vegeta about two tablespoons. Vegeta will be your secret ingredient. This adds a burst of flavor and is low in sodium.
8. Let simmer for about an hour. Before you remove from the flame, the best idea would be to check a piece of the chicken to make sure it is cooks thoroughly.
9. While the soup is boiling, you can prepare your noodles.
10. I usually at the end of my soup strain to remove all the spices from the soup and Bam – this indeed is chicken soup that will feed your soul!!